The Anglican Diocese of Kitale is one of the dioceses in the Anglican Church of Kenya and is situated in the North-Western part of Kenya bordering Uganda to its Western side. The diocese covers two administrative Counties, namely; Trans-Nzoia and West Pokot, as well as parts of ElKeiyo Marakwet and Bungoma Counties, specifically, Marakwet and Mt. Elgon respectively. It borders the following Anglican dioceses: Nakuru, Maralal, Eldoret, Maseno North and Bungoma.
A vibrant and healthy diocese fulfilling the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.
To promote God’s kingdom through teaching, discipling and serving for wholistic transformation.
Wholistic Transformation and Renewal
A Core Value is something that an individual or an organisation holds dearly and is willing to fight for – they are foundational principles upon which behaviour is structured or built upon. Values shape organizational culture and represent basic convictions that guide and empower an organization or the church to achieve its vision and mission. Shared values are also guideposts and motivate actions internally among individuals/staff and also influence its relationships with stakeholders and reputation of the organisation.
Our core values are biblically based because we believe in the scriptural guidance towards fulfilling the great commandment (Matthew 22: 36 – 40) and great commission (Mathew 28: 19 – 20) as encapsulated in our Vision. Consequently, the following seven Core Values are aligned to our Strategic Pillars:
• Bible-Centred – we affirm the Bible as our authoritative guide towards leading Christians to grow deeply in their walk with Christ.
• Prayer – we acknowledge that we must uphold the practice of prayer as the basic Christian discipline to guide us in our spiritual growth.
• Excellence – we are committed to the highest quality at all levels as we seek to accomplish our various strategies and plans in our Christian journey.
• Integrity – as God’s Stewards we believe in upholding the highest moral and ethical standards in our dealings and will endeavour to be people of character morally and spiritually, demonstrated by consistency of thought, word and deed.
• Humility – we will reach out and serve people based on the humble model of Jesus Christ.
• Compassion – in transforming our society, we will deal with people compassionately as Jesus did.
• Partnerships – we commit to work with like-minded organizations to support the diocese, churches and Christians in fulfilling their unique callings.