The K.A.Y.O department is driven by the motto “Be strong in the Lord”, Ephesians 6:10.
The functions of the department are:
- Organize Diocesan Youth rally, conferences, seminars and festivals e.t.c.
- Advice the Diocesan Youth Organizer (D.Y.O)
- Prepare a budget for youth work to be approved by the Board of Finance.
- Seek ways and means of raising funds.
- Seek ways and means of reaching young people in school, colleges within the diocese.
- Advice and encourage parish youth workers.
- Ensure church youth groups are started and are functioning well
- To have transition programmes from one stage to the other i.e. Vuka to Teens (V2T) for this moving from Primary to High School, and Vuka to Adulthood (V2A) for Form 4 Leavers.
- To have income generating projects/programme.
- To have sensitization on the importance of nurturing the young people
- Have active parish and archdeaconry leadership with patronage of clergy.
- Form an active youth mission and evangelism team to reach youths in our churches, schools, colleges and community at large.
- Have more leadership capacity building forums.
- Create opportunities for talent growth e.g. festivals, sports etc.
- Have commissioning of K.A.Y.O. members.