Mothers Union is a Christian organization in the Anglican Church which promotes the well-being of families.
This is achieved through;
- Developing prayer and spiritual growth in the families
- Studying and reflecting on family life and marriage and its society
- Resourcing our members to take practical action to improve conditions for families, Nationally and in the communities in which they live.
The Vision of the Mothers Union is to promote the well-being of families (Christian concern for families)
To advance Christianity in spheres of marriage.
- To uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and to promote its wider understanding
- To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church.
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favorable to family life and protection of children
- To help those family life has met with adversity
Members of the Mothers Union are open to all who have been baptized in the Name of the Holy Trinity and who declare their support for the Aim and Objectives of the Union.
THE MOTHERS UNION PRAYER:
Almighty God, our Heavenly Father who gave marriage to be a source of blessing, we thank you for the family life, with all its joys and sorrows. May we know your presence and peace in our homes, fill them with your love and use them to your glory. Bless all who are married, and every child. Pour out upon us your Holy Spirit that we may truly love and serve you. Bless the members of the Mothers Union throughout the world. Unite us in prayer and worship, in love and service, that is strengthened by your grace, we may seek to do your will, through Jesus Christ, our Lord Amen.
PERSONAL PRAYER OF MARY SUMNER:
All this day, O Lord, let me touch as many lives as possible for thee, and every life I touch, do thou by thy Spirit quicken, whether the word I speak, the prayer I prayer on the life I live. Amen.
MOTHERS UNION CURRENT LEADERSHIP
We have leaders from the grassroots up to the Diocesan level. Leaders are elected after every three years from the Local Churches, parishes, Archdeaconries and Diocesan level.
MU President Mrs. Dorcas Chemengich
MU Chair Person Mrs. Christabel Okutoi
Treasurer Mrs. Priscila Lotukumoi
MU Chaplain Rev. Judith Muga
The Diocesan M/U Secretary is elected from the M/U workers. Mrs. Sarah Tanui is the current Diocesan M/U Secretary). Other mother’s union workers are Mrs. Winrose Kinjo and Mrs. Lilian Alimoi
At the moment we are approximately 8,000 mother’s union Members and about 4,500 Anglican Church women.
MOTHERS UNION TRAINING
The Mothers Union has continued to train the Mothers Union Coordinators and its members (Leaders) when an opportunity arises.
We conduct Leaders Seminars after every election and follow up every year.
MOTHERS UNION PROJECT: –
- The Mother Union owns a 10-acre plot in Kapomboi farm. The output from the Farm is to support the mission work of mother’s union department.
- Mothers union runs a Sales desk which sell items such Church Diaries Taratibu, Calendars, books e.g. Answers to your marriage, service register, baptism register and confirmation cards. Other items sold are the M/U materials and uniform – Diocesan/ Provincial/ Kitenges and M/U/ACW headscarves.
- Tailoring services for all mother’s union and KAMA uniforms.
- Participated in establishment of a diocesan Micro- finance